Today, leaders working toward social change have big goals. Ending extreme poverty. Fighting injustice and discrimination. Building safer and more sustainable societies.
Assemblyfor is a strategy and design firm that helps them achieve their vision for a better world.
Over the past two years, we have engaged across issues and sectors to help leaders communicate for action.
We’ve learned a few lessons about how to bring about social change faster— and these lessons have led us to develop guiding principles for everything we do:
- Be evidence-informed. We believe that communications and advocacy— just like programming— should be grounded in the best evidence of what works. We conduct research to learn more about how key audiences perceive issues and draw on findings from behavioral science and other fields to craft strategies.
- Focus on solutions. We are optimists, who want to know how we can make change. We’ve found that giving people hope by showing them how change is possible is (almost) always more effective than focusing on the problem.
- Build bridges. As challenges become more complex, no single person, organisation or sector can make change on their own. We help leaders forge partnerships with new allies who can bring funding, credibility and other resources to the cause.
- Recognize the power of design. If you want someone to pay attention to your message, present it beautifully. Good design is too often an afterthought. We’ve seen how it makes a difference and believe it should be a top priority.
- Have serious fun. We love what we do and enjoy doing it. This doesn’t just make us happy to start working every day— it also makes us more effective.
We’d love to speak with you about how we can help you build your power to do good.
We’ve put together an Assembly Kit to show you how we can partner. Check it out at www.assemblyfor.com/assemblykit